Applications & Benefits
Applications for Tangio products & solutions are practically limitless. Anywhere there's a human-machine or machine-machine interface there's an opportunity for a Tangio sensor. We already ship to applications in markets including Mobile Computing & Peripherals, Home Automation & Power Tools, Medical, Industrial, Automotive and even Wearables.
Let’s review some of the benefits of Resistive force sensing and consider where they can be applied.
• Enhanced Control. The ability to detect position and variable force simultaneously offers major HMI benefits in a wide range of applications including Consumer and Computing products, Home Automation and Automotive
• Low Power. A Resistive sensor uses a fraction of the power consumed by a Capacitive sensor, extending battery life in any Mobile application
• Slimline. Because they are typically only 250 microns thick or less, Resistive sensors can reduce the packaging requirements in Automotive interiors, liberating space and reducing weight
• Immune to EMI and water. Because a Resistive sensor is a true force sensor, not an antenna based technology, it’s largely immune to interference from motor, display, charger and antenna noise, and is not effected by the presence of water, making it ideal for rugged, high performance Industrial, Medical, White-goods & Wearable applications
• Improved durability. Rated to 10 million cycles operation, Tangio sensors are the idea replacement for traditional mechanical switches in Power Tools
• Enhanced Safety. When you can’t afford a “false touch”, or need dynamically configurable trigger thresholds in your sensor system, Resistive sensors are the answer and are ideal for Automotive, Medical and Industrial Controls. Capacitive sensors are susceptible to false or unintended reporting making them unsuitable for these safety critical applications
Oh, did we mention the Musical Instrument market?...